It is a new year and time to try something new. In 2024, the culinary landscape is ever evolving, and steak enthusiasts are exploring new and inventive ways to elevate the classic steak experience. From unique marinades to innovative cooking techniques and preparation, here are three must-try steak recipes that promise to tantalise your taste buds and redefine your steak dining experience.
Have you ever considered giving your steak a taste of coffee? Embrace the rich flavours of coffee by creating a delectable coffee rub for your ribeye steak.
- Combine finely ground coffee beans with a blend of smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Massage the rub onto the ribeye, allowing it to infuse for at least an hour. The coffee will impart a bold, smoking undertone to the steak, complementing its natural juices.
- Grill or sear to perfection, creating a flavourful crust that enhances the succulence of the ribeye.
Whiskey Glazed T-Bone
Elevate your T-bone steak by adding a touch of sophistication with a whiskey glaze.
- Create a glaze by simmering your favourite whiskey with brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and a hint of Worcestershire sauce.
- Grill the T-bone to your desired doneness, then brush the glaze generously over the steak during the few minutes of cooking.
- The whiskey glaze caramelises, imparting a sweet and smoky flavour that perfectly complements the robust taste of the T-bone.
Chimichurri Skirt Steak Tacos:
Infuse your skirt steak with vibrant Argentine flavours by marinating it in a zesty chimichurri sauce.
- Blend fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, and olive oil to create the chimichurri sauce.
- Allow the skirt steak to soak up the flavours for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Once cooked, slice the steak thinly and serve it in warm tortillas with your favourite taco toppings. The chimichurri will add a burst of freshness and acidity, transforming the steak into a delightful and shareable taco experience.
If you would like to discover more innovative and showstopping steak recipes, visit Steak Locker. Steak Locker are experts in versatile steak recipes and preparation. Take a look at their range of Dry Aging Fridges, which are great for creating restaurant quality results at home.