Enterprise Resource Planning software is a necessity for most businesses since it helps with inventory management, logistics, accounting, order entry, route management, and much more. Seafood enterprises aim at delivering fresh and locally sourced seafood to meet consumer demands. Many traders, or retailers, can buy and pick seafood easily due to the existence of a vast logistical network of seafood processors. Businesses that are passionate about quality product delivery have experienced drastic growth since many customers are attracted to seafood sources that they can trust. Implementation of a newly developed ERP software can make the processes involved between the supplier and the consumer more reliable and efficient for both parties.
Direct Benefits Of Using An ERP System
A dedicated seafood ERP system can be utilized by processors to ensure that consumer demands and business functions are managed properly. Automated business functions help a business realize several goals and identify dramatic growth patterns. The workers who are supposed to be involved in activities such as inventory management and accounting, among others, are therefore free to help in more impactful business functions. They can help in sales promotion and marketing. instead of wasting time manually executing business functions that can be automated.
The software is designed to enable a business to fulfil the following:
- Demonstrate integrity with any partner involved especially customers and suppliers.
- Provide assurance and safety to seafood customers from trustworthy sources.
- Meet every individual specific requirement.
- Comply with the global labelling requirements that are acceptable.
- Have enough daily stock that fulfils every order requirement.
Some of the benefits enterprises get from using seafood ERP software include.
- Tracking routing effectively
- Instant customer delivery since the software can trace all orders in a route and help in planning for the delivery.
- Reduced pickup time of a client’s order.
- Automated and streamlined fish cutting process.
- Tracking and analyzing the progress of the businesses and the finances.
- Improved inventory accuracy with automatic transfer and sharing options.
- Easier and more accurate accounting and adjustment of ledger accounts.
Challenges With Using ERP Software
Some of the challenges that seafood enterprises have overcome on implementation of the ERP software include.
- Storage conditions
- Food quality and safety
- Commodity pricing
- The lot and portion control
- Daily projection analysis
Most seafood businesses have benefited from greatly from employing an ERP platform. They have experienced growth and smooth business running since the activities have been taken over by the automated systems. Additionally, these applications have helped seafood manufacturers to avoid fishing from waters with unfavourable quality of seafood. The system can be updated and tailored to address specific seafood processing requirements. The ERP software, therefore, helps businesses to streamline all their processes and activities as well as reduction of the complexing of activities such as inventory management, formula, quality assurance, sales, compliance, costing, and purchases. The system has also ensured the growth of businesses by offering accountability, traceability, and tracking of the plant’s products, by-products, and wastes.